Cheesy Ham & Potato Soup
Are you trying to figure out what to do with the loads of Thanksgiving leftovers?! You gave as much as you could away to family members, the kids have eaten as much as they’ll handle and frankly you’re tired of the leftover feast as well. We’ve all been there. I have a great recipe to get you through some of your leftover disposal and it’s SO easy!
I am all for crockpot recipes. You throw a bunch of ingredients in a pot, turn it on, and forget about it for the next 8 hours. Crock pot meals are my absolute favorite. Plus, you can always throw in a freezer safe container and freeze it for another meal later.
In this recipe, you will need your leftover ham. Could be left over from thanksgiving or maybe you just felt like cooking a ham and now you have tons left and you aren’t really feeling eating it for 3 nights in a row. That’s okay because this is a completely new way to use your extra ham! You’ll also need diced or cubed potatoes; my secret is to use the frozen diced hash brown potatoes-it makes the already easy dinner WAY simpler!
Let’s get to it!
4-6 Cups Diced Ham
32 oz Frozen Diced Potatoes or 4 Cups Diced Fresh Potatoes
6-8 Cups Water
16 oz Velveeta Cheese
1 Cup Instant Potatoes
Sour Cream (optional)
Green Onion (optional)
- Place ham, potatoes, and water in your slow cooker. Water should just cover your ham and potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours until potatoes are cooked
- Add the Velveeta and stir occasionally until all the cheese is melted into the soup
- Stir in your instant potato flakes to thicken the soup. You can add more here if you want!
- Serve with desired toppings like sour cream, bacon and green onion!